Saturday, February 4, 2012

Join us on our trip to Death Valley

The name of my blog is W6DLF, the call sign of my amateur radio station.  On February 29, two of my ham (amateur radio) friends and I are off to Death Valley for our annual radio adventure. I created this blog to share our experiences with family and friends--including other hams.

Once we are on the road you can track us on Google maps using something called APRS. At some point we will be in places where we can't be tracked. But we will never be out of range of communication. The fun of ham radio is that it lets us communicate around the earth without the need for cell phones or the internet.

Stay tuned (an old radio term) and I'll introduce you to my friends, Dave (W6VYC) and Hiroki (AH6CY).  I'll also show you some pictures from our trip last year.  Feel free to ask questions.  We want you on this trip too!

No comments:

Post a Comment